England Netball | COVID-19 Safeguarding Update
From the 1st July 2020 England Netball’s DBS service will resume to enable coaches, volunteers and others operating within regulated activity to complete the process to obtain a DBS certificate. You will be able apply in the normal manner, however, due to social distancing measures it is necessary to implement changes to the ID checking process. All applicants will be required to have their ID check completed through the post office. Unfortunately face to face ID verification will not resume for the time being until further notice. Click here to read more.
Useful Safeguarding Information
- Introduction to safeguarding
- Club Safeguarding Officer (CSO) role description
- Be Safe Club Safeguarding Officers details poster
- CSO and Volunteers Safeguarding training flowchart
- Time to Listen training for Club Safeguarding officer
- Safer recruitment checklist
- Guide to identifying which club roles require an enhanced DBS check
- Safeguarding Young People in Netball policy
- Recognising signs of abuse
- Reporting a safeguarding concern in the netball environment
- Safeguarding incident or concern report form
- Help make sport safe leaflet
Click here to view England Netball Safeguarding information
Click here to browse upcoming UK Coaching Safeguarding Courses
Changes to DBS Checks
The England Netball compliance team have taken steps towards making the process for volunteers within the netball community to obtain a DBS check easier and smoother. This also applies to when we recruit document verifiers within our clubs, counties and regions.
Currently when a volunteer requires a DBS, they start the process by completing a Volunteer Consent form and returning this to head office to be inputted onto a spreadsheet. This is also the same process we use when recruiting document verifiers for DBS checks. This results in a lot of officer time being spent on data inputting.
From 4th October 2019 these two forms will be going online taking away the paper form and reducing staff time on data capturing. These forms can be found here - https://www.englandnetball.co.uk/DBS
If you have any forms (using the old process) which are complete but you have yet to submit please send these as you have been doing previously and then move to the online process and stop using the paper forms.